Sioux City: 40-13-5-2, 87 points
Des Moines: 36-20-1-3, 76 points
Sioux City: 23-4-2-1, 49 points
Des Moines: 18-10-1-1, 38 points
Sioux City: 17-9-3-1
Des Moines: 18-10-0-2
Sioux City won season series 3-1
- October 28, 2016: Sioux City 4, Des Moines 3
- January 21, 2017: Des Moines 2, Sioux City 1 (SO)
- January 27, 2017: Sioux City 3, Des Moines 0
- March 10, 2017: Sioux City 4, Des Moines 2
Record in last 10 games
Sioux City: 7-3-0-0
Des Moines: 6-4-0-0
Sioux City: Eeli Tolvanen, 54 points (30G, 24A)
Des Moines: David Keefer, 46 points (19G, 27A)
Sioux City: Connor McMenamin, 18 points (8G, 10A)
Des Moines: Isaac Johnson, 28 points (14G, 14A)
Sioux City: Matt Hellickson, 28 points (6G, 22A)
Des Moines: Mario Ferraro, 41 points (8G, 33A)
Sioux City: Matiss Kivlenieks, 36-7-4-2, 1.85 GAA, .932 SV%, 5 shutouts
Des Moines: Jan Ruzicka, 26-12-1-1, 2.35 GAA, .916 SV%, 5 shutouts
Sioux City: 14.1% (7th in West, 14th overall)
Des Moines: 16.0% (5th in West, 9th overall)
Sioux City: 87.3% (2nd in West, 4th overall)
Des Moines: 86.0% (4th in West, 6th overall)
NHL Draft Picks
Sioux City: Aapeli Rasanen (Edmonton Oilers)
Des Moines: Adam Parsells (San Jose Sharks)
NHL Central Scouting Ranked Players
Sioux City: Eeli Tolvanen (8), 54 points (30G, 24A); Micah Miller (161), 13 points (4G, 9A);
Des Moines: Mario Ferraro (78), 41 points (8G, 33A); Isaac Johnson (97), 28 points (14G, 14A); Scooter Brickey (217), 21 points (7G, 14A)
- Sioux City is looking to become the first team to win both the Anderson Cup and Clark Cup since the Dubuque Fighting Saints accomplished the feat in 2013.
- The Musketeers can also become the first team to go from last place the season prior to winning the Clark Cup since the Indiana Ice did so in 2014.
- This matchup features two of the top goaltenders in the USHL. Matiss Kivlenieks has led the USHL all season long between the pipes, posting a 36-7-4-2 record, a 1.85 GAA and .932 SV% to help the Musketeers to the top seed in the USHL. His win total, GAA and SV% lead all USHL goaltenders and his five shutouts are tied for the most in the league. Jan Ruzicka has also been impressive for Des Moines with a 26-12-1-1 record, a 2.35 GAA and .916 SV%, all of which sit in the top-10 in the league. He also has five shutouts on the season, tied for the most in the USHL.
- Both teams were outstanding on the penalty kill in the regular season and success when down a man will be a big factor in this series. Sioux City was fourth in the USHL with a 87.3% conversion rate on the kill, while Des Moines was sixth at 86.0%
- A big key to this series will be if the Des Moines offense will be able to penetrate Sioux City's top notch team defense, which finished the season only allowing 125 goals, the fewest in the USHL. The Buccaneers were seventh in the league in goals for during the regular season with 177.
- Winning one of the first two games at Tyson Events Center will be critical for Des Moines, but it won't be easy. Sioux City was 23-4-2-1 at home during the regular season, the second best such record in the USHL. The Buccaneers, however, were road warriors in the regular season, finishing with 18 wins away from home, tied for the most in the USHL.
2017 CLARK CUP HUB